Top 10 Reasons to wrestle:
10. Olympic Sport: Wrestling is the OLDEST Olympic sport, the original Olympic sport!!!9. Nutrition and Weight Management: Wrestling will help you learn what to eat and what not to eat. Although some wrestlers decided to shed a couple pounds during the season, weight loss is NOT mandatory.
8. Mental toughness: Wrestlers learn to be both mentally and physically tough. It takes a tremendous amount of toughness to pick yourself up off the mat after a loss.
7. Physical Fitness: You will never be in better shape in your life, then when you wrestle. Wrestling will improve your balance, reflexes, strength, endurance and agility. The legendary Dan Gable once said “Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
6. Self-Defense: Wrestling teaches you body position, how to control an opponent, to defend against different types of attacks and toughness.
5. Confidence: When you wrestle, you can’t rely on anyone but yourself. You have to be accountable for your own success and failure. For this reason, wrestlers must be confident.
4. Discipline: To be successful in the sport of wrestling you have to be disciplined. You can’t show up to practice whenever you want, you can’t just compete on the days that you feel like it, and you can’t treat your body in ways that are harmful. Wrestling takes discipline to be successful.
3. Education/Scholarships: Numerous colleges and university offer scholarships for men’s and women’s wrestling. All collegiate levels offer wrestling, Division I, II, III, NAIA and Junior College.
2. Fun: Nothing feels better than winning a big match for you team and for yourself. Knowing you are better than your opponent and getting your hand raised is an amazing feeling. Being a member of the wrestling
1. Wrestling is for EVERYONE: Anyone can wrestle, too big, too small, there is a weight class for you! It is never too late to start!!!